Skin Tag & Thread Vein Treatments – More Information
AFTER CARE FOR ELECTROLYSIS
First and foremost, please ensure that you keep the treated area meticulously clean and dry for the first 48 hours post treatment.
It is important to take extra care of the treated area, especially within the first 48 hours of treatment. This will give the skin a chance to settle, allow the heat reaction in the skin to return to normal and prevent infection of the treated open follicles.
AFTER TREATMENT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE
- Redness, swelling and sensitivity of the skin in the area which has been treated up to 48 hours*
- The treated area and surrounding skin may feel hot for up to 48 hours*
- Pin dot crusting or small scabs may appear within the treated area
- The skin may itch as the healing process takes place
POINTS TO REMEMBER FOR 48 HOURS* AFTER TREATMENT
- Sterex Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera gel should be applied liberally using clean, damp cotton wool immediately after electrolysis to soothe, calm redness and prevent infection. Continue applying Aloe Vera gel for the next 21 days.
- To prevent irritation and the spread of infection, do not pick spots or small blood scabs which may appear a couple of days after treatment and depending on the skin, may take between 7–21 days to heal. Fine blood scabs are a normal post reaction response to the treatment, especially in the initial stages of having electrolysis. The fine blood scabs develop by the dry cauterised blood in the base of the follicle rising up through the follicle. Do not pick the area at all.
- For clients who have long hair, to reduce the risk of infected follicles, keep hair tied back off the face.
Avoid: Touching the treated area and do not pick any scabs that may form
Avoid: Self tans or fake tans as these can cause irritation to the skin, also avoid perfumes, and perfumed body lotions
Avoid: Direct sunlight, or sun bed treatment. If you must go out in the sun, use a high protection factor sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to avoid hyper pigmentation, especially on yellow based, Black and Asian skin types. Re apply in the middle of the day. UVA and UVB can cause pigmentation marks to appear on the treated area and wearing our SPF 30 will help to reduce this quicker, developing an even skin tone faster.
Avoid: Saunas, solaria, sun beds, jacuzzis and steam treatments as these can also cause pigmentation to develop
Avoid: Hot baths, showers
Avoid: Applying make-up to the treated area.
Avoid: Applying soap or perfumed products to the treated area
Avoid: Activities for 48 hours that stimulate blood flow following treatment
Avoid: Wearing tight or restricted clothing over treated body areas
POINTS TO REMEMBER AFTER ELECTROLYSIS
- When washing or cleansing use gentle un perfumed cream cleanser or facial wash, never use soap on the treated area as this will further dry the skin. Gently pat the area dry to avoid dislodging any fine scabs or crusts
- Use a high protection factor sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to avoid hyper pigmentation, especially on yellow based, Black and Asian skin types. Re apply in the middle of the day. UVA and UVB can cause pigment marks to appear on the treated area and wearing our SPF 30 will help to reduce this quicker, developing an even skin tone faster.
- Tell Alison about any unusual reactions immediately in order that she may modify your treatment accordingly
THE CLINIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CLIENT’S SKIN CARE POST ELECTROLYSIS TREATMENT
* NB: For most people, after-effects of the treatment normally clear within 48 hours. However, everyone is different, so please do not be alarmed if it takes a bit longer. If in doubt, please contact Alison